Employment and Disability – a practical approach by Guernsey Employment Trust
Guernsey employment Trust are running their successful Employment and Disability Workshop for all managers and supervisors who have not had the opportunity to attend our past events. This three hour workshop on good practice will assist employers to prepare for forthcoming legislation by providing them with practical guidance concerning the recruitment, retention and employment of disabled people. The workshop and the materials provided are free. The session provides individuals with an opportunity to enhance their CPD records.
- 08.45- Registration with tea, coffee and pastries
- 09.00-12.00 Training Workshop
Benefits to You and Your Organisation
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:-
- Identify local sources of support
- Introduce good practice procedures into the workplace and eliminate discriminatory elements from employment practice
- Learn about disability etiquette and how to avoid giving offence
- Broaden knowledge and gain an understanding of the problems and needs of disabled people
- Increase confidence in addressing the issues in relation to employment and disability
- Apply knowledge to improve management skills regarding diversity issues
- Enhance corporate reputation of your organisation
Learning methods include:-
A discussion group, presentation and Q&A. The course will provide you with guidance and ideas to ensure you apply fair policies and procedures at work. You will receive relevant and detailed resources to take away.
Who Should Attend?
Human Resources/Personnel Managers, Line Manager, Supervisors, those with recruitment and selection responsibilities and staff dealing with employment issues in the workplace.
Participants will receive complimentary copies of:-
Employment and Disability: Good Practice Guide for Employers in Guernsey
Employers’ Disability Charter
Leaflets on relevant support services in Guernsey
Certificate to confirm attendance that can be used towards CPD
We aim to ensure that people have equal access to GET events. If you need assistance with booking a ticket, need alternative formats of course materials, have requests regarding the room layout, need assistance with getting to the venue or moving within the building, or if you have any other reasonable adjustments/special requirements then please contact Elaine on 247999 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your request at least a week before the event so that arrangements, where possible, can be made.